A possible homicide in west Olympia was last week’s most read story.
1. Police investigating possible homicide in west Olympia: Officers responded to reports of gunshots in the area Friday evening, said Lt. Sam Costello. They didn't immediately find anything suspicious.
2. This brewing and distilling project in Tumwater is really happening, people: The Tumwater Craft Brewing and Distilling Center, a project planned near Capitol Boulevard, has its first three tenants: Sandstone Distillery of Tenino, Heritage Distilling of Gig Harbor and South Puget Sound Community College, which plans to lease space for its new craft brewing and distilling program.
3. Well, all right, all right, all right. This Hollywood star really was filming in Roy: Who was it? Actor Matthew McConaughey.
Never miss a local story.
4. Detectives bust 21 sex-predator suspects in Thurston County sting operation: Readers showed renewed interest in a story reported by The Olympian a year ago in which the Washington State Patrol arrested 21 people as part of an online sex predator sting.
5. Level 3 sex offender registers in Tumwater: Enough said.